Nowadays, egg freezing in Mumbai is quite common, and many women opt for it for varied reasons. This procedure helps them to delay pregnancy, thereby preserving their fertility.
Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre is one of the best IVF centre in Mumbai that offers a wide range of fertility treatments, including egg freezing, at cost-effect prices.
We provide prompt, comprehensive, and advanced fertility treatments that are customized according to your individual need.
We have some of the best IVF doctor in Mumbai practicing at our clinic, renowned for their unwavering commitment and dedication to reproductive medicines.
You can visit Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre to understand how egg freezing works, the possible risks, and whether this fertility preservation technique is right for you.
Read on to find out the procedure, benefits, and cost of egg freezing in Mumbai.
What is egg freezing?
Egg freezing, or oocyte cryopreservation, is a technique for preserving a woman's ability to conceive in the future.
Unfertilized eggs retrieved from your ovaries are frozen and kept for later use. With the help of IVF (in vitro fertilization), we can thaw a frozen egg in a laboratory, combine it with sperm, and implant the fertilized egg in your uterus.
Egg freezing is a safe and beneficial technique for women who are not currently planning a pregnancy but want to be certain of their capacity to conceive or have a biological child in the future.
Since the eggs are unfertilized before being frozen, egg freezing does not require a male partner or even a sperm donor, as it does with embryo cryopreservation.
However, like embryo freezing, you will need fertility medicines to promote ovulation. It aids in producing a large number of eggs at the time of egg retrieval.
Who would benefit from egg freezing?
Some of the reasons for egg freezing in Mumbai are:
- You have a medical issue that may impact your fertility, such as autoimmune disorders like lupus, ovarian disease, sickle cell anemia, etc.
- You require medical attention for cancer or another ailment that could make it difficult for you to conceive. Radiation and chemotherapy can have a negative impact on your fertility. You might be able to have biological children later if you freeze your eggs before treatment.
- Women who want to pursue further education or challenging careers can freeze their eggs when they are young to ensure that they will have access to healthy eggs in the future.
What is the procedure for Egg Freezing?
Prior to the ovarian stimulation cycle, the fertility specialist at our IVF centre in Mumbai may examine your ovarian reserve to estimate the possible yield of oocytes.
They may ask you to undergo blood tests and a pelvic ultrasound. This will assist them in determining the correct medication dosage.
Ovarian stimulation is performed using injectable hormone medicines the same way as IVF. Following stimulation, the oocytes are retrieved vaginally while the patient is sedated.
Our fertility specialist will examine the eggs under a microscope for maturity, and those that are mature are cryopreserved. Currently, vitrification is the preferred approach for cryopreserving oocytes, which is done by rapidly freezing them with liquid nitrogen.
What are the risks of egg freezing?
Some women may have cramps and spotting after egg retrieval. The following side effects may be due to hormones:
- Gaining weight
- Mood fluctuations
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome is an uncommon yet severe side effect of egg stimulation, which can cause nausea, pain, and a substantial weight gain in 3 to 5 days. It can cause shortness of breath or blood clots in the legs in rare cases.
What is the egg freezing cost in Mumbai?
The cost of egg freezing at Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre is affordable compared to other fertility clinics. The charges will include the ovarian stimulation cycle, egg retrieval, and oocyte cryopreservation.
Egg storage can be for an indefinite period. You may not utilize the egg for 5-10 years. This means that the price of egg storage will be an added cost that you must consider.
To know the actual egg freezing cost in Mumbai, you must visit our clinic.
Why choose Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre for egg freezing in Mumbai
- At our clinic, you can get fertility treatments from some of the best IVF doctor in Mumbai, namely Dr. Hrishikesh Pai, Dr. Nandita Palshetkar, and Dr. Rohan Palshetkar. They have years of experience and have pioneered many fertility techniques and procedures to increase the success rate of fertility treatments.
- We provide fertility treatments, including egg freezing, tailored to each patient's individual needs. The medications and treatment procedures are customized to promote safety and reduce discomfort.
We use vitrification, a cutting-edge process for freezing eggs that essentially avoids the creation of ice crystals. The survival rate for freezing and thawing is 98 percent with this process. Thus, making us one of the best IVF center in Mumbai for egg freezing.