Female Infertility Treatment in Mumbai
Babies & Us Fertility is one of the best IVF center in Mumbai, known for its customized, world-class treatments and internationally acclaimed fertility doctors. We offer a wide range of treatments and procedures, many of which have been pioneered by our exceptionally experienced doctors.
We excel in IUI, IVF, ICSI, IMSI, ovarian rejuvenation, and male and female infertility treatment in Mumbai. Female infertility is a serious issue that has a devastating effect on women struggling with it. If you have problems getting pregnant even after having sex without birth control methods for twelve months, it is termed infertility.
Do not lose hope. Our state-of-the-art IVF center in Mumbai successfully provides several treatment options to treat female infertility. In addition, we also offer preimplantation genetic testing and egg freezing in Mumbai. If you or someone you know is facing fertility issues, then this article will be helpful for you. We have discussed the causes, risks, and treatment options for female infertility.
Let’s begin with the causes of female infertility.
Around ten percent of women have infertility, and the risk increases as they age. There are many possible causes of female infertility, some of which we have discussed below.
- Ovulation problems: Infrequent or absence of ovulation (releasing the egg from the ovary) is one of the most common reasons for female infertility. This can happen due to PCOS, early menopause, severe stress, hormonal disorders, pituitary tumors, hyperprolactinemia, thyroid conditions, and eating disorders.
- Uterine abnormalities: Uterine problems such as polyps, septum, fibroids, and adhesions inside the uterus can interfere with the implantation process of the fertilized egg or cause early miscarriage.
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes: Any issues with the fallopian tubes can prevent the sperm from reaching the eggs or the embryo from reaching the uterus. Endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, pelvic surgery, or pelvis infection can cause blockage or scarring of the fallopian tubes.
- Cervical problems: Cervical stenosis or abnormal cervical mucus can hamper the movement of the sperm from the cervix to the uterus.
- Endometriosis: It is a condition in which the tissues that line the uterus grow outside of it. This can cause scarring and affect fertility. Endometriosis can block the fallopian tube due to which the eggs and sperm cannot unite, or it can disrupt implantation.
Who is at risk for female infertility?
Certain factors can increase your risk for infertility, such as:
- Being underweight
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Autoimmune disorders
- Structural problems
How is female infertility diagnosed?
Our expert fertility doctors at Babies & Us Fertility will conduct a detailed physical examination and ask questions about your medical history, menstrual cycle, previous surgeries, and past pregnancies or miscarriages.
Furthermore, you may have to undergo some tests to help the doctor make an accurate diagnosis. The tests include:
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Pap test
- Blood tests
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Ovarian reserve testing
- Hormone testing
- Ovulation testing
What are the options for female infertility treatment in Mumbai?
Based on the diagnosis and the underlying cause of your problem, our experienced fertility specialist will recommend the most appropriate female infertility treatment in Mumbai.
In case of ovulation disorder, thyroid conditions, or infection, our doctor will prescribe medications. It will help stimulate and regularize your ovulation.
Laparoscopic or hysteroscopic surgery:
You may need surgery to remove polyps, fibroids, cysts, and uterine and pelvic adhesions. Surgical intervention is necessary to correct the structural anatomy and unblock the fallopian tubes.
In many cases, you may need assisted reproductive techniques to help you conceive. These are safe, effective fertility treatments that have helped millions of people become parents.
- Intrauterine insemination: IUI is a standard procedure where the doctor places the sperm from your partner inside your uterus at the time of ovulation.
- In vitro fertilization: IVF is a process in which the eggs are fertilized outside the body. Our fertility doctor will remove the matured eggs from your ovaries and fertilize them by combining them with the sperm from your partner. The resultant embryos are then incubated for a few days before transferring a couple of them to your uterus. Babies & US Fertility is counted among the best IVF center in Mumbai for its high success rate.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: ICSI is a more advanced and complex procedure that is mostly recommended in case of recurrent IVF failure or male factor infertility. During this procedure, the embryologist will directly inject the sperm into the egg for greater chances of fertilization. The remaining process is the same as IVF.
- Donor eggs: If it is not possible to conceive with your own eggs due to low egg quality, or issues with the ovaries, then you can use donor eggs to conceive.
Can female infertility be prevented?
Mostly it is not possible to avoid or prevent female infertility. However, there are ways to control or minimize the risk factors that can lead to infertility.
You can incorporate healthy living habits such as limiting alcohol consumption, maintaining a healthy weight, refraining from smoking, avoiding toxins, and exercising regularly.
It is also necessary to seek prompt treatment if you have irregular menses, endometriosis, thyroid issues, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ovarian reserve testing is generally recommended for women above 35 years. This test assesses the number of viable eggs you have and checks for hormonal imbalance affecting fertility treatment or the menstrual cycle.
Yes, it does. As you age, your fertility decreases, and it gets more challenging to conceive. The reason is:
- The egg quality decreases
- The number of eggs also becomes less
- There is a greater chance for abnormal chromosomes in the eggs
- With age, the potential risk of other health issues increases
You must visit the doctor if you are unsuccessful in getting pregnant even after trying for 12 months. If you are above 35, then you must consult after six months.