IUI Treatment in Mumbai
Do you want to experience the joy of parenthood?
But your infertility or other reproductive conditions are preventing you from conceiving.
Then, intrauterine insemination (IUI) can be a great way to achieve pregnancy.
IUI is one of the most popular infertility treatments. It is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART). While it is a highly effective treatment, experts recommend it only to couples who have failed to conceive naturally.
Babies & Us offers reliable, effective, and cost-efficient IUI treatment in Mumbai. In addition to IUI and IVF, the Babies & Us IVF centre in Mumbai offers other assisted reproductive techniques such as ICSI, IMSI, and fertility preservation services like egg freezing, semen freezing, and embryo freezing.
In this article, we will discuss more about IUI, its procedure, eligible candidates, benefits, and more.
What is IUI?
IUI is a form of artificial insemination where the doctor injects the male partner’s sperm into the woman’s vagina with the help of a catheter to achieve fertilization and, ultimately, pregnancy. IUI reduces the time it takes for sperm to reach the egg in the fallopian tube.
Who is Eligible for IUI?
- Our fertility specialists in Mumbai may suggest IUI for couples whose male partner has a low sperm count or sperm motility. IUI gives their sperm a head start by introducing it straight into the fallopian tube.
- IUI may benefit patients who have difficulty with vaginal intercourse due to physical disability or psychosexual issues.
- It is also beneficial for women suffering from severe cervical mucus hostility. This condition prevents the sperm from adhering to the egg and thus prevents them from surviving.
- Also, fertility experts suggest IUI when there is a necessity for donor sperm due to severe male infertility or the absence of sperm in the male partner.
- At Babies & Us, our seasoned fertility doctors in Mumbai may recommend IUI for other conditions in a female partner, such as endometriosis and cervical infections.
How much does IUI Treatment Cost in Mumbai?
- The cost of IUI treatment in Mumbai is inexpensive. A single IUI cycle in Mumbai should cost between Rs. 5000 and Rs. 10,000.
- The number of IUI cycles also has a significant impact on IUI costs. You can get detailed information on IUI treatment procedure and cost from our fertility centre in Mumbai.
- Before deciding on IUI treatment, there are several factors to consider. The woman’s age, medical history, and type of infertility are important factors to consider when calculating the actual IUI treatment cost. Compared to other fertility treatments, the IUI cost in Mumbai is as low as Rs. 5000.
Now, let’s talk about the Steps Involved in IUI Treatment
Before recommending IUI treatment, your fertility doctor will perform a few tests on you.
Step 1: Stimulation of Egg Cell Development
This process assists in stimulating egg maturation. Your doctor may prescribe oral medicines or injections to promote the growth of egg cells.
Step 2: Trigger Injection Process
The doctor will administer trigger shots to help release the eggs after maturation. Doctors usually perform the IUI procedure 34 to 36 hours after the trigger injection.
Your fertility specialists may ask you to undergo ultrasound and blood tests to track the number of mature eggs.
Step 3: Sperm Processing
The sperm from the male partner or donor is processed in the laboratory. The lab technician would then wash the sample to remove immobile sperms and impurities from the semen during sample preparation. Finally, we will have mature and good quality sperms.
Step 4: Insemination
A woman lies down on a check-up platform like she would for a regular pelvic examination. With the help of a tiny, long, flexible catheter, the fertility specialist inserts the sperms into the uterus.
The procedure is completely painless and takes only a few minutes. Once fertilization occurs, it takes about 3 to 6 days for the embryo to grow before getting implanted in the uterus.
It is essential for couples considering this treatment to understand that some unforeseen complications could arise from this process. These include slight bleeding, cramping, or other symptoms like nausea or vomiting.
Step 5: Pregnancy Test
After two weeks of IUI, your fertility specialist will advise you to take a pregnancy test. The results of your pregnancy test will determine the future treatment plan.
Let’s know the Benefits of IUI Treatment
- IUI has a lower risk of complications because it does not require the removal of eggs from a woman’s uterus, and it does not require sedation or general anesthesia.
- IUI is also beneficial for women who wish to become pregnant using donor sperm.
- It can be helpful in cervical problems, male infertility, ejaculatory dysfunction, and unexplained infertility.
- For infertile women, single women, and lesbians, IUI combined with ICSI can increase pregnancy rates and success.
IUI is a straightforward process that allows couples to conceive children without going through the time-consuming and expensive IVF process. However, it is essential to know what to expect before undergoing this procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
IUI fertilization typically occurs within a day or two of the procedure. Sperm can live for up to seven days within the female reproductive canal. If there is a delay in ovulation, sperm may fertilize the egg up to seven days later.
The sperm does not come out once the doctor injects it into the uterus. Because the catheter loosens the cervical mucous, the woman may experience wetness after the IUI procedure.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the process of fertilizing an ovum and sperm outside of the uterus in a laboratory. The infertility doctor implants the resultant embryos into the uterus to achieve pregnancy. In IUI, after introducing the sperm into the uterus, fertilization occurs.
The success rate of IUI treatment ranges from 20% to 25%. Yet, several factors beyond the doctor’s control may impact the success rate. However, IUI has a lower success rate than IVF.