Cryopreservation is a boon to people who want to preserve their fertility. At Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre, we offer one of the best cryopreservation treatment in Mumbai, which is both reliable and cost-efficient. Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre is a state-of-the-art IVF centre in Mumbai providing end-to-end fertility services with a high success rate.
We have some of the leading fertility specialists practicing at our centre who are experts in ICSI and IVF treatment in Mumbai. They are ably supported with superior technology and equipment to deliver personalized, innovative, and safe procedures.
The process of freezing biological material like sperm, eggs, embryos, or tissues to sub-zero temperatures for later use is known as cryopreservation. They are thawed and used in a fertility cycle such as IUI, IVF, or ICSI. Cryopreservation allows cells to be frozen for a long period. It prevents cell death and DNA degradation. All biological activity is halted during the freezing process until the cells are thawed. Cryopreservation involves freezing sperm, eggs, embryos to -196°C/-321°F using liquid nitrogen. Cryoprotective chemicals are used in the lab to keep the cells safe during the process.
Types of cryopreservation in Mumbai
At Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre, we provide cryopreservation of the following:
Oocyte cryopreservation (Egg freezing)
Oocyte cryopreservation allows you to use frozen eggs whenever you choose in the future. When you are ready to start a family, y
ou can use these cryopreserved eggs to conceive.
Who undergoes oocyte cryopreservation?
Oocyte cryopreservation treatment in Mumbai is usually opted by females who are:
- Want to start a family later on
- Have to undergo cancer treatment such as radiation or chemotherapy
- Plan to marry later
- Step 1 – Ovarian stimulation
You will have to take medications to stimulate the ovaries to produce more eggs.
- Step 2 – Egg retrieval
It is an outpatient procedure done under sedation. Our fertility specialist will retrieve the eggs using transvaginal ultrasound to locate the follicles and a needle. Depending on your ovarian reserve, the doctor will retrieve about 10 to 15 eggs.
- Step 3 – Egg freezing
We will safely freeze the eggs to a sub-zero temperature for later use.
- Lowers the risk of congenital disabilities, which can rise if you are above 35 years of age.
- You can preserve the remaining eggs after the IVF cycle for future usage.
Sperm cryopreservation (Sperm freezing)
Sperm cryopreservation is a simple and effective method of conserving sperm for later use. Sperm can survive indefinitely after being frozen.
Who undergoes Sperm Cryopreservation?
Sperm cryopreservation in Mumbai is mostly utilized by men who:
- Are preparing to undergo a clinical procedure that may cause infertility, such as testicular or prostate surgery.
- Have a poor sperm count
- Have to undergo cancer treatment such as radiation and chemotherapy.
- The man gives the semen sample.
- Our technicians then evaluate the quantity and quality of sperm.
- The high-quality sperms are then frozen for future use.
Embryo freezing is a safe method of preserving a couple's fertility for further use.
Who undergoes embryo cryopreservation?
Nowadays, many couples opt for embryo cryopreservation treatment in Mumbai. Some of the reasons are:
- If the IVF cycle fails, embryo cryopreservation gives you another chance to conceive. As a result, you won't have to go through the entire IVF process again.
- It also aids in the preservation of fertility in women who are not ready to start a family.
- Step 1 – Collection of eggs and sperm
Our fertility specialist will give medications to the female partner to stimulate the ovaries and produce multiple eggs. The doctor then retrieves the mature eggs through a simple procedure. At the same time, the male partner provides a semen sample.
- Step 2 – Fertilization
In the laboratory, we will combine the matured eggs with the sperm to allow fertilization. It is either done through IVF or ICSI method.
- Step 3 – Cryopreservation
We will freeze the embryos after 3-5 days after fertilization.
Testicular tissue cryopreservation
It is a method for freezing testicular tissue from boys who have not yet reached puberty in order to save it for future infertility treatment. A tiny incision is made in the testicles to remove tissue containing sperm-producing cells. It is then frozen and stored. This method is mostly used when prepubertal boys are diagnosed with cancer and have to undergo treatment.
Ovarian tissue cryopreservation
During this procedure, will surgically remove part of the ovarian tissue with eggs. The tissue with your eggs is taken from the rest of the ovary and frozen. Our fertility specialist will implant the ovarian tissue into your body after cancer treatment so that the eggs in the tissue can grow and mature. This treatment is performed on young girls who have not yet reached puberty and do not have mature eggs. It is also done for women who are unable to postpone their cancer treatment. Dr. Hrishikesh Pai pioneered this treatment in India.
Why choose Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre for cryopreservation in Mumbai?
- Most importantly, we have some of the leading fertility specialists in Mumbai practicing at our clinic, namely, Dr. Hrishikesh Pai, Dr. Nandita Palshetkar, and Dr. Rohan Palshetkar.
- Our doctors have revolutionized fertility treatment in our country through their dedication, passion, hard work, and constant innovation.
- At Babies and Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre, we provide one of the best cryopreservation treatment in Mumbai. We have the requisite technology and infrastructure to offer this advanced fertility technique.
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai has pioneered the technique of oocyte freezing, embryo freezing, and ovarian tissue freezing in India.