Babies & Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre is a state-of-the-art fertility centre renowned for blastocyst culture and transfer in Mumbai. These newer developments have helped increase the success rate of live births.
At our modern IVF centre in Mumbai, we believe in cultivating a culture of excellence by continually setting new standards for best practices in fertility and IVF-related operations to have the highest opportunity to realize your dream of having a child.
You are in the hands of a highly-skilled, supportive team of fertility specialists at Babies & Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre. They are focused on providing outstanding care based on your unique circumstances.
Read on to understand what is blastocyst culture and transfer?
Blastocyst culture and transfer is an effective IVF technique. It helps boost pregnancy rates while minimizing the chances of multiple births.
Normally, during IVF or ICSI, we transfer embryos to the woman’s uterus after culturing them for 2 to 3 days in the laboratory.
However, in blastocyst culture, we allow the embryos to culture for 5 to 6 days. The embryos that reach the blastocyst stage have 150 cells.
The large embryo allows our fertility specialists to assess which embryos have the best chance of implantation and conception.
As a result, rather than transferring two or three early embryos to the uterus, blastocyst culture allows for selecting the best one or two blastocysts. It significantly lowers the number of high-risk multiple births.
You can visit Babies & Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre for complete information and guidance regarding blastocyst culture in Mumbai.
What are the stages of a blastocyst culture?
After insemination, we place the embryos in the incubator for them to develop into a blastocyst.
The stages of blastocyst culture are as follows:
Day 0: Our fertility specialist retrieves the eggs and performs IVF or ICSI.
Day 1: Our embryologist will check to see how many eggs have been fertilized.
Day 2: The embryo develops 2-4 cells.
Day 3: The embryo develops 8 cells.
Day 4: The morula stage
Day 5 and 6: The blastocyst stage
Advances in newer technology in fertility treatments allow us to culture embryos for five or six days. It provides the embryos with more chances to demonstrate their developmental potential.
Before day 5-6, some embryos stop developing. Our embryologist uses this natural selection to evaluate and select the best embryos for blastocyst transfer in Mumbai.
What are the different cell types of a blastocyst?
Blastocysts have two unique cell types and a large central cavity filled with fluid.
The inner cell mass is the group of cells in the centre of the blastocyst that will form into a fetus after implantation, whereas the single layer of cells on the exterior of the blastocyst known as trophectoderm forms into the placenta.
Who can benefit from blastocyst culture?
Our fertility specialists recommend blastocyst culture in Mumbai to:
- Patients who have had several failed IVF attempts. Blastocyst culture can provide more information about the embryos' progress and help improve pregnancy rates.
- Couples who want to decrease the possibility of multiple pregnancy. Blastocyst culture allows us to implant only the single best embryo.
What are the advantages of blastocyst culture and transfer in Mumbai?
- Blastocyst transfer leads to better clinical pregnancy and a higher rate of live delivery.
- We sync the endometrium with the embryo's developmental stage during blastocyst implantation in Mumbai.
- In the first attempt, we suggest transferring only one blastocyst. The extra embryos are cryopreserved to be used in the FET cycle.
- Some couples require pre-implantation genetic screening. As embryo biopsy is preferred in the blastocyst stage rather than on Day 2/3 embryos, blastocyst culture is required for them. Later, we transfer the genetically normal blastocyst to the uterus.
Are there any disadvantages of blastocyst transfer?
Blastocyst culture in Mumbai is not available in every clinic. This process needs quality control and proper laboratory culture conditions.
However, Babies & Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre is fitted with an ultra-modern laboratory to carry out all the advanced fertility treatments with outstanding results.
Some drawbacks of blastocyst implantation in Mumbai are:
- There is a chance that none of the embryos will develop into blastocysts. Due to which we will have to cancel the embryo transfer process.
- Since fewer embryos develop into blastocysts, there may be fewer or no excess embryos for freezing following the IVF cycle.
What are the blastocyst culture and transfer cost in Mumbai?
The blastocyst culture and transfer cost in Mumbai at Babies & Us Fertility IVF & ICSI Centre are affordable compared to other clinics. The actual price depends on many factors like your medical history, age, the quality of embryos, etc.
You can schedule an appointment at our centre to know the actual cost.